Inginaire is looking for a R&D Engineer to work for our client, a medical technologies company, in Plymouth, MN. Our client is committed to innovating life by pushing the boundaries of medical technology and changing the way the world treats chronic disease. This is a year long contract opportunity.Duties
- Responsible for providing engineering support in the creation and the development of new medical device products (invasive and non-invasive).
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical materials, components, assemblies, processes and/or equipment.
- Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality.
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
- Write and submit intellectual property (patents).
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technologies.
- Reviews or coordinates vendor activities to support development.
- Write and submit professional articles for technical journals.
- Research various cost-effective, alternative approaches to current processes.
- 1-6 years related engineering skill/experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. ]]>