Audience Services Liaison: Ticket Office - On Call
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, is accepting applicants for on call Audience Services Liaisons in the ticket office at The O'Shaughnessy. This person will be in charge of running events at The O'Shaughnessy as the Event Ticketing Manager. This includes any and all customer, equipment, and staff-related issues that may arise before, during, or after an event. This position is on-call with a flexible schedule that focuses around the theater show schedule.
Supervise ticket office operations during select events (Ticket Office Manager):
• Answer questions about any and all O'Shaughnessy, theater department, and campus events, the college campus, and The O'Shaughnessy in general.
• Sell tickets for any O'Shaughnessy ticketed event, both over the phone and at the door.
• Handle incoming calls on multi-lined phones any walk-up, phone, and/or other customer concerns and questions.
• Handle large sums of money to balance both personal and total sales at end of shifts and events.
• Supervise set-up and reconciliation of all cash boxes.
• Enter, clean-up, and maintain ticketing system data; Mitigate conflicts between ticket sellers as needed.
• Work with the Deputy Director to smoothly implement policies and procedures during events.
• Be in contact with House Manager on duty and Back of House staff regarding line and lobby situations.
• Handle IT and E-Tix Ticketing System-related issues as needed.
• Calmly, rationally, and courteously handle any complex situations that may arise.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma (or GED) required; associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
• Excellent communication skills are a must, including written, verbal and interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Management skills, ability to supervise others and respond effectively to people of all cultures are necessary.
• Ability to think quickly and make decisions promptly while responding calmly and quickly in stressful situations.
• Must be punctual and reliable and possess the ability to multitask, lead, delegate, supervise, and initiate.
• Strong keyboarding, phone, and internet research skills; proficient in Microsoft Office is required.
• Experience working in a performing arts venue, sales and/or with the general public.
• Understanding of basic bookkeeping skills, including working with sales (handling cash, making change, giving/keeping receipts), creating deposits, and balancing sales activity per event.
• Must have the ability to work at a desk, on your feet, both indoors and outdoors.
• Individuals must be available to work a varying schedule dependent on theater performance schedule, including nights, weekends and daytime hours.
• Selected candidate will work closely with college students and individuals who may not have had previous employment experience and will require creativity, patience, and flexibility.
• Must possess the ability to have fun while keeping your eye on goals and procedures and will be able to learn and evolve in this role.
• Previous management/supervision, usher/House Manager/Ticketing, sales, Food Service, Hospitality, or Retail experiences; Experience with ticketing systems or Interest in Theater, Dance, Music preferred and beneficial.
• Successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org Preferred Qualifications