Calling all Copy Editors with book editing experience! Digital People is seeking a contract to hire Copy Editor for one of our top clients. In this role, you will maintain a high level of quality for all published content, while ensuring that all material follows house style and top writing principles. If you have the experience we are looking for and love editing books, then apply today!
- Edit compliance and ethics know-how resources (articles, practice notes, standard documents, standard clauses, checklists, legal updates and glossary terms) for print and website.
- Edit content for consistent look, feel, and writing quality.
- Become fully knowledgeable in compliance and ethics publications and writing principles, and ensure that writers apply them correctly and consistently.
- Provide additional proofreading support to other departments.
- Have opportunities to contribute to editorial development projects, including integrating online products.
- 0-2 years of copy editing experience.
- Experience editing books, magazines, journals or similar publications.
- A keen interest in US law and legal publishing.
- An excellent command of writing, grammar, punctuation and plain-English principles.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with using content management systems is a plus.
- Understanding of legal citation formatting, including the Bluebook Plus.
- Experience with following a recognized style guide, such as Chicago, or a house style guide.
Digital People has over 25 years of dedicated experience for creative, interactive and marketing job placements in roles such as designer, developer, analyst, project manager, marketing specialist, user experience and copywriter. We understand that there is a bigger story behind every resume and that creative juices come from real live humans, so connect with us today and let us help you find a place to showcase your talent!