Director Supply Chain
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Indirect Supply Chain and Reverse Logistics means managing the inbound throughput and placement of the indirect materials that are required to operate the stores. This also includes the logistics operations for guest returns. Reverse and Return Logistics handles the backward movement of all goods including logistics and inventory management, disposition and channel designation, disposition strategies like retail un-sellables, salvage and regulatory and waste minimization. Indirect Logistics includes order execution and movement, warehousing/storage, operations such as facility and 3PL management and inventory management including demand management and forecasting.
As Director - Process Design and Implementation for the Indirect and Reverse Logistics team (IRL) you will be responsible for the definition, design, and implementation of IRL capabilities including people, process, technology, and data needs; specifically identifying process/systems gaps in order to invent and design the future state process and systems flows that deliver superior results through the value chain. You will own designing a network topology for IRL in alignment with the broader GSCL vision. You will coordinate work across both internal and external stakeholder based on business priority and available resources. You will institute policies and governance capabilities to reduce variability injected into IRL operations. While working with the business teams you will leverage data analytics in coordination with lean systems, tools, and techniques to engineer processes designed to refine, simplify, and drive efficiency in inventory touches driving down opportunity for defect and eliminating waste. You will utilize six sigma tools to drive continuous assessment and improvement within process and systems flows. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineered design experience within supply chain or manufacturing
- Proven direct leadership experience with diverse teams
- Strong strategic, financial, and analytical skills; can easily translate data from an array of sources into insights and recommendations
- Proven expertise in Lean/Six Sigma and root cause analysis in a technical problem solving environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to partner with stakeholders; is able to quickly build consensus, influence and negotiate at senior levels
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects or programs and comfortability with project management tools
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths from current to future statue
- Experience developing or launching new business capabilities