Sr Manager, International Tax
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Sr Manager, International TaxClassification: ExemptDate: October 2018About us:Working within Income Tax, your mission will be to drive value added work and support our core retail business goals. Our tax team focuses on all aspects of tax reporting requirements including enhancing productivity and efficiency of core compliance through process and technology, monitoring tax risk and opportunities across all tax disciplines, engaging and educating our team and broader organization around tax issues and prioritizing team resources to support key work streams.As a Senior Manager, International Tax in the Income Tax team, you will be responsible for leading a wide variety of projects to effectively manage the US and foreign income tax treatment of Target's international operations. As part of these efforts, you will:
- Build relationships with business partners, being a trusted partner by understanding their operations and analyzing and effectively communicating the tax impact of their activity,
- Lead and coach team members to enhance their development and achieve desired organizational outcomes,
- Manage engagements with external advisors and financial statement auditors,
- Support the provision impacts of Target's international activity through effective controls,
- Identify, assess and communicate on technical US and foreign tax issues,
- Lead the preparation of federal and international income tax filings, ensuring matters are properly reported and documented for audit, and
- Respond to audit defense matters.
- Degree in Accounting or related area.
- 5+ years of tax experience with a national public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department, with a focus on international tax.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation and accounting skills.
- Strong process improvement and technology skills.
- Strong US tax knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability and hands-on experience to manage and develop tax professionals.
- Ability to prioritize competing projects.
- Ability to interface at high levels and work with cross-functional and cross-border teams.
- Masters in Taxation or JD