Nurse Practitioner II
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Cambridge Medical Center, located in Cambridge, Minn., just north of the Twin Cities metro area, is a large multi-specialty clinic and a 57-bed hospital on one campus. Cambridge Medical Center has 900 employees and 50 physicians. Dedicated to providing patient-centered care in an atmosphere that promotes healing and comfort, Cambridge Medical Center provides services to more than 136,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- THIS IS A MINNESOTA ONCOLOGY POSITION.
- Oncology Nurse Practitioner to support an outreach location in Cambridge, MN.
- Provide primary care to oncology patients in a collaborative joint practice with an oncologist.
- Scope of responsibilities includes expert patient care as provider / practitioner, educator / teacher, care management, consultant, nurse researcher and nurse leader.
- Completes comprehensive health histories and assessments.
- Performs physical exams.
- Sees and cares for clinic patients in follow-up.
- Incorporates evidence - based research into clinical practice.
- Provide case management for oncology patients and their families.
- Assists physicians and performs procedures as needed.
- Assess patient / family needs and provides education.
- Support the survivorship program - promotes wellness and recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Hospial rounding.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program for nursing education.
- Current MN RN license and current certification as Nurse Practitioner.
- Minimum of three years experience as a practicing NP.
- Experience and knowledge in the management of the physiologic and psychological effect of a cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment strongly preferred.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week.
- Day shifts.
The increased population and business growth in and around Cambridge have elevated the community to the status of a 'regional hub' in East Central Minnesota for shopping, services, entertainment, employment and education. Cambridge residents enjoy a community that maintains its 'small town' feel, yet is only 45 minutes from the metropolitan Minneapolis-Saint Paul entertainment and sports venues. The community is surrounded by lakes, rivers, and woods and offers its residents a quiet lifestyle with unlimited recreational opportunities. Education is a priority among the residents who take pride in Cambridge's excellent schools and community college.
- Located 45 miles North of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Population = 7,500
- Service Area = 30,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA