Transplant/Organ Failure Coordinator
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Coordinates and manages care of heart failure/pulmonary hypertension patients from initial referral through long-term care follow-up.
- Performs initial assessment of patient/family according to established protocol and organizes intake visits.
- Coordinates discharge planning and long-term follow-up.
- Ensure continuity of care throughout continuum.
- Provides patient/family and staff education.
- Service as an authoritative resource to multidisciplinary team caring for heart failure patients.
- Develops policies, procedures, and standards of care and continuous quality improvement activities for heart failure program.
- Current MN RN license.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN or higher degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with clinical management of heart failure and/or pulmonary hypertension patients, with increasing level of responsibility and independence.
- Experience with critically ill patients, clinic and outpatient management, and clinical research trials highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the care of patients with heart failure and/or pulmonary hypertension.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, critical thinking, clinical judgment, and decision making, problem solving, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Teaching and presentation skills are highly desirable
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule*We currently have 2 full time openings. Please apply for both under this job posting.*
- Full time position (40 hours per week)
- Day shifts: Monday - Friday business hours
- No Weekends
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA