Enrollment and Billing Director
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
As the Enrollment and Billing Director, you will direct and coordinate the enrollment, billing, payment, and reconciliation activities for UCare members. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and contractual obligations. Identify and recommend opportunities for operational improvement. Develop and manage department budget. Provide leadership, support, coaching, and development for department staff. Develop productive cross-department relationships, and participate as a member of the UCare Leadership Team. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the Enrollment and Membership Accounting teams, including oversight of recruitment, selection, orientation, employee development and performance management processes.
- Ensure that all department processes are developed and managed in accordance with Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations.
- Ensure collaborative, effective relationships between the Enrollment and Membership Accounting teams and other organizational functions.
- Oversee development and implementation of strategies focusing on accurate and efficient enrollment and reconciliation processes.
- Ensure the monthly enrollment and reconciliation processes are timely and accurate
- Direct the monthly billing process and direct the premium collection process related to nonpayment of member premiums.
- Establish and manage department standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure department requirements are met.
- Develop and implement operational plans to refine business processes for faster, more accurate, and cost effective performance.
- Develop and monitor annual department plan and take an active role in company-wide strategic planning.
- Uphold and promote UCare core values and mission.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in business or related field required. Advanced degree in business or health care is preferred. A minimum of five to seven years experience in Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and billing with three to five years in a leadership position. Prior health care experience, especially in a health plan (HMO) setting is highly desirable.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.