Manager, Capital Asset Management Services
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
This position will provide oversight for system-wide program strategy and development in the areas of Capital Equipment, Capital Life Cycle Management, and Asset Services. This position will provide strategic direction and management of the programs related to asset management, capital planning, strategic sourcing/contracting, capital asset services, and systems management. Strong leadership and guidance for multiple operational teams will drive enhanced value and efficiencies from these areas. This position will influence over $500M in assets and > $100M purchasing/contracting. There are 17 full-time staff on the Capital Sourcing/Asset Management team. Working team members include staff, managers, directors and executives.
Program Development & Management
- Accountable for strategy development, business unit integration, and execution to obtain financial, operations, staff, data systems, reporting & analytics targets
- Provide a positive work environment and hire, train, coach and develop staff
- Ensure appropriate leadership of councils and task forces; use of resources and analytical data to develop strategies and maximize value
- Develop & maintain policies and procedures for department workflows
- Lead medical equipment capital replacement planning process and leverage with the capital equipment plans for replacements, building projects, and strategic projects
- Establish, communicate, and deliver overall financial savings targets for asset management program, contracting, operations, and purchased services
Strategic Sourcing & Contracting
- Develop overall strategic contracting calendar for capital equipment, building projects, purchased services, and equipment service contracts
- Prioritize contract savings opportunities
- Oversee and participate as needed on complex/high level contract negotiations
Biomedical Engineering Services Support
- Oversight to Preventative Maintenance Program
- Manage vendor biomedical engineering services
- Ensure completion of outsourced work and compliance to documentation/financial requirements
Supplier Performance Management
- Lead strategic supplier management programs for product / service / equipment group for suppliers with Allina sales exceeding ~ $1,000,000 annually
- Manage business relationships with suppliers and assist with key issues
Data Analytics & Systems Management
- Responsibility for the Clinical Equipment Management System, key operational metrics, reporting/analysis, system administration, and data integrity
- Oversee the creation of standardized methodologies for contract management, sourcing, financial/value analysis, and reporting
- Responsible for the management, workflows, optimization surrounding asset management/related information systems (AIMS, Attainia, Lawson, MD Buyline)
- Bachelors degree in business, healthcare, or related field.
- CPSM (Certified Purchasing & Supply Manager) designation from ISM within 6 months of hire.
- 10 years of previous successful project or program management.
- 10 years supply chain or clinical program experience with success in removing cost / expense from the system.
- Leadership ability to influence, lead, and interface with customers and suppliers in order to deliver Supply Chain Management goals.
- Expert understanding or standard concepts, practices, and procedures within supply chain management.
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proven ability to lead and manage.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) along with proven negotiation and problem solving skills.
- High level of aptitude in spreadsheets, databases, presentation software (Power Point) and electronic commerce.
- ERP system experience, preferably Lawson Software, with an understanding of data availability.
- The Sourcing / Contracting manager will lead a team of buyers, senior buyers / contract specialists and a portfolio analyst with program responsibility for medical / surgical and business solution products and services.
- The Sourcing Team's scope of service practice includes sourcing / contracting, standardization initiatives, supplier performance management, price management / procurement.
- The Supply Chain Management operates at the system - level supporting all Allina hospitals, surgery centers and clinics.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week.
- Day shifts.
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA