Intermediate Business Analyst - Unity Hospital
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Unity Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn. serves the northern metropolitan communities with a full continuum of care and services and is known for its expertise in bariatrics and obstetrical care. With 1,500 employees and 220 staffed beds, Unity provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year. It shares its nearly 842-physician medical staff with Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, Minn.
- Business Analyst position is available to provide IS & Excellian support for Unity physicians and staff.
- Responsible for basic project systems planning including monitoring and tracking questions, conducting system testing, and developing and conducting user support.
- Analyzes data, identifies trends and develops recommendations based on data assessment.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures and practices related to systems and data.
- Site Support and Customer Relationship - Daily management of IS systems issues at the site assigned in coordination with system wide strategic direction.
- Provides site support for leaders and end users to promote efficient and effective use of all I.S. systems. Coordination of site technology activities.
- Strategy - Provides subject matter expertise regarding technology solutions. Supports Allina strategic goals for optimal patient care and experience.
- Financial Management - Provides Financial Management for the IS Site Support, CRM Department. As needed, works within the site IS budget re: hardware.
- Safety and Compliance - Supports Regulatory and Patient Safety teams within the organization to ensure compliance with standards related to Information Systems.
- Business Continuity Planning - Ensures site and Allina wide business continuity plans are developed and implemented for services provided by IS.
- Change Management Process - Supports, participates in, and approves change management processes and technology as related to the site.
- Bachelor's degree prefered healthcare related field, business administration / leadership, computer sciences, health informatics or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years business applications (IS) experience in broader and complex areas.
- May have significant expertise in business area or with particular information system.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Clinician and / or healthcare experience preferred.
- Excellian background required.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Broad technical knowledge and the ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to non-technical people.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Demonstration of meticulous attention to detail, system thinking, organizational skills and interdisciplinary clinical processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Adaptable, flexible, self-directed.
- Proven ability to lead others through mentoring, coaching and influence.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week.
- Day; 8 hour shifts.
- May be required for implementation support or upgrades.
- On call rotation.
Fridley is known for a small-town atmosphere in the midst of a metro area. Fridley schools experience unusually strong enrollment by nonresidents who cite quality academics, good school climate, and personalized attention for each student, as their reasons for choosing the Fridley Schools.
- Located 15 miles North of Minneapolis
- Population = 20,000
- Service Area = 600,350
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA