Seminary Communications Manager
Luther Seminary is looking for a Seminary Communications Manager to proactively keep people informed and engaged by leading the overall communications efforts for seminary-wide initiatives.
The person in this role will be the key communications liaison between the seminary and its internal constituents of staff, faculty and students as well as serve as a point person externally with press, publishers, department freelancers and the larger community.
We will look to this person to:
- Develop and manage the internal communications strategy for Luther Seminary. They will oversee the development, collaboration and implementation of a seminary-wide communications plan that ensures staff, faculty and students are kept informed and engaged in a timely and intentional manner using a variety of channels.
- Develop and manage the overall social media plan for Luther Seminary by addressing purpose, constituents, engagement strategies, roles and action plans to best utilize social media at Luther Seminary.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a crisis communication plan for the institution.
- Contribute to the vibrancy and engagement of constituents by writing compelling stories and involving people in many different types of interactive conversations.
- Develop and implement a public relations strategy to position and promote Luther Seminary as an influential leader.
We’re looking for a highly organized individual with strong planning and strategic skills who can handle a large volume of work, managing multiple marketing projects and deadlines simultaneously. Holding a B.A. or advanced degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field, and possessing 7-10 years in communications-related position(s), this person will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. They will be an effective story-teller who has a keen ability to understand different audiences’ needs and effectively position communications to address those needs. Top candidates will have a natural understanding of creative ways to use communications to engage employees and others in the mission, vision, and values of Luther Seminary.
Come join our team of passionate communication professionals. Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Portfolios and writing samples are also welcomed.