Assistant Director of Nursing - Long Term Care (LTC)
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Lake Minnetonka Shores (Spring Park, MN) is seeking an Assistant Clinical Administrator (Assistant Director of Nursing) to join its Long Term Care team. This position will oversee 3 Nurse Managers in LTC and TCU, as well as indirectly supervise the whole house team of RNs, LPNs, TMAs and CNAs. This position requires a current RN license in the state of MN, previous LTC and/or TCU experience, and the desire to one day be a Clinical Administrator.
About this Community
Lake Minnetonka Shores
4515 Shoreline Drive
Spring Park, MN 55384
Situated on the western shores of the lake in Spring Park, Lake Minnetonka Shores has become known not only for its stunning park and lakeshore, but also for its vibrant and welcoming community of employees and residents. The beautiful shores of Lake Minnetonka provide a peaceful place to take breaks and breathe in the fresh air. With employee apartments next door and convenient access to many restaurants, coffee shops and grocery stores, this community feels like a second home.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking
- Discounted employee meals
- Free Fitness Center access
- Discounted employee apartments available next door to campus
- Discounted on-site child day care (infant through pre-school)
- Monthly employee appreciation events
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
The Assistant Clinical Administrator is responsible to the Clinical Administrator. This position assists the Clinical Administrator in developing and maintaining nursing services within the Nursing Department to ensure safe, quality, efficient and therapeutically effective nursing care including policy and procedure formation. This position acts as a clinical resource leader in the team approach to quality nursing care. Serves as the Infection Control resource nurse. This position participates in their recruitment, selection, training, assignment, supervision, evaluation, and termination of employment when necessary. Identifies and studies nursing service problems and assists in their solution. In the absence of the Clinical Administrator is designated to duties and responsibilities of Clinical Administrator (Director of Nursing).
- Registered Nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices.
- Three to five (3 - 5) years leadership experience in nursing.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Demonstrated competencies in health care management and operations, quality management, staff development, resident and family support systems, and community outreach.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gerontological nursing, rehabilitative and restorative clinical practices.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.