Intake Specialist - Minneapolis MN
Staffing Partners is searching for an Intake Specialist to join our client's team in Minneapolis! The Intake Specialist will serve as the first point of contact for clients both in person and over the phone. This person is responsible for coordinating intakes, verifying insurance, conducting authorizations and working with the billing staff to provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Answering all incoming calls and routing them appropriately.
- Scheduling client appointments, checking in clients, collecting co-pays, and entering client information.
- Administering intake packets and checking eligibility for appropriate program.
- Performing phone intakes with new clients by gathering and inputting informational data into the computer system.
- Performing appointment reminder calls on a daily basis.
- Explaining programming and basic billing codes to insurance companies.
- Scanning, faxing, and copying insurance and client information.
- Verifying incoming faxes then sorting and attaching them to the clinical charting.
- Ensuring phone lists are updated for the entire organization.
- Receive, place and distribute orders for office supplies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- 1+ year of experience with insurance verifications, authorizations, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc).