Editorial & Channel Management Lead - A Bullseye View
JOIN US AS AN EDITORIAL & CHANNEL MANAGEMENT LEAD - A BULLSEYE VIEWServe as a digital content and experience strategist, website manager and social media leader, all with the goal of sharing Target's story externally and strengthening stakeholder, guest and team member engagement. As a Lead, Editorial & Channel Management, you'll partner with teams across Target to deliver on our Expect More. Pay Less. brand promise.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead, you'll help guide …
- Channel management and web publishing - you'll co-lead the daily publication of one of Target's most-read external channels: our award-winning corporate website and news and information hub, as well as its Pressroom. You'll work closely with peers across the broader Communications team, plus our Communications agencies, to plan and align content - editorial and evergreen - plus social channels.
- Business strategy - you'll work across the company with key platform partners, including talent acquisition, corporate social responsibility and investor relations, to develop signature content for their initiatives. Develop paid and organic media strategies to extend content reach and engagement.
- Technology - you'll run point for all technology related to our corporate website, plus social media.
- Editorial strategy - you'll partner with our content producers and Communications agencies to co-manage daily digital content for the site, by looking at the external landscape as well as working with internal partners to identify and react quickly to stories that need to be told to help audiences understand what's happening at Target to accelerate Target's growth.
- Top-notch writing - you'll be a part of daily content creation, helping craft stories that support transparency while sharing company news and telling our story. An understanding creative, clear, concise writing should be at the top of your “I'm good at” list.
- Operational support - you'll use your project management and organizational skills to support editorial calendars, manage channel plans, respond to daily feedback, and assist with measurement and results reporting as we continually evaluate the effectiveness of our communication strategies.
- Innovation - you'll bring an innovative approach to all work and prioritize continuous improvement to keep communications fresh and engaging.
- 4-year college degree required, with emphasis in journalism or communications-related fields
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Prior experience and effectiveness in leading editorial and user experiences for high-profile web or print publications, plus social media
- Prior experience partnering closely with disparate business partners or leading a team
- Prior experience with web-based content management systems, plus social media
- A deep understanding of the technology behind web and digital content platforms, plus social media
- An aptitude for paid and organic media strategy
- Proven skills in relationship development, project management, and issue resolution
- Ability to focus on both broad, strategic vision and small, critical details
- Ability to take risks and thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Expertise in communication measurement, analytics and reporting
- Experience in leadership development