Associate Product Engineer - Paper
Description: JOIN US AS AN ASSOCIATE PRODUCT ENGINEER - HOUSEHOLD PAPERSimilar Industry Titles and Key Words: Chemical Engineer, Paper Science Expert, Industrial Designer, Packaging EngineerUse your skills, experience and talents to develop industry leading household products used by millions of people every day. Continuous Product Improvement
- Develop and maintain technical specifications for owned brand household paper and home office products. Primary categories include paper towels, bath & facial tissue, paper plates, cups, and office supplies.
- Build a deep knowledge of vendor manufacturing capabilities in order to recommend appropriate vendors during large scale negotiations.
- Monitor user feedback, vendor product, government regulations, safety protocols, and industry advances. Identify and communicate recommendations for product improvement and new category growth to vendors and negotiation teams.
- Based on trends in product innovation, technology, raw materials, and manufacturing, create engineering and technical strategies for product development.
- Research emerging trends in people & product development. Identify white space opportunities for owned brands.
- Build partnerships with emerging technology and manufacturing resources.
- Create, test, and refine prototypes for new product concepts
- Collaborate with vendor partners to design concepts for large scale manufacturing.
- Assist with in home user tests and make recommendations for vendor selection.
- Own new product development execution through initial launch phase.
- Monitor new product development concepts; make recommendations for improvement and new concepts.
- Build and maintain knowledge libraries.
- Share knowledge with external peers, internal partners, engineering & technical community.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to peers and team members.
- May lead projects/committees outside of normal responsibilities.
- 4 year degree - Engineering Degree or equivalent based on specialization
- 0-3 years related industry experience, preferably in a consumer product development or paper manufacturing.
- Proficient technical knowledge of paper manufacturing desired. Willing to train based on relevant experience in a related industry.
- Excellent problem solving skills and creative thinking skills.
- Strong project management skills.