Premium Auditor, Internal - MN Assigned Risk Plan
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. Work Somewhere You Love.
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 18,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
Premium Auditor (Internal) – Assigned Risk Plan participates as an active team member of the Assigned Risk Plan team by administering internal audits. Performs accurate and timely internet (MyPayroll) and mail-form with premiums less than $3,000 by matching payroll records to workers' compensation codes and classifications, as well as securing supporting tax documentation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities and functions are listed below. At SFM, we work together as a team; therefore, additional responsibilities may be assigned at any time.
1. Performs internet (MyPayroll), mail-form or telephone premium audits as assigned on less complex accounts with premiums typically less than $3,000. This includes:
- analyzing the policyholder’s financial reconciliations to ensure a match;
- comparing the policyholder’s payroll records with the estimated or actual payroll reported to SFM;
- reconciling the appropriate job classification code with the code reported by the policyholder to SFM and adjusting premium accordingly;
- determining the scope of operations by reviewing contracts between the policyholder and other entities and applying IRS revenue rulings and workers’ compensation statutes and rules to determine whether a true independent contractor relationship exists.
2. Summarizes all exposure information in accordance with policy contract, terms, MWCARP and MWCIA requirements, state-applicable rules, and Company best practices. Communicates audit results to the policyholder and reconciles any differences. Conveys pertinent information gained or determined by analysis of the policyholder’s records to agents, marketing underwriters, and other team members.
3. Processes audits to determine current premium base by entering audit results in the database.
4. Takes advantage of learning opportunities to develop, update and expand skills, knowledge and abilities and applies learning. Keeps apprised of current audit rules and regulations and company best practices.
5. Provides high quality customer service to agents and ARP policyholders by professionally receiving and appropriately responding to telephone inquiries related to premium billing and premium audits.
- Provides high quality customer service to prospective, new and existing ARP policyholders and agents by professionally receiving and appropriately responding to inquiries related to information requests, technical questions, certificate of insurance processing, etc.
- Processes insurance applications received daily and accurately entering relevant information into the database. Examines new applications for missing information and determines appropriate action to be taken.
- Issues policies by assembling required information, entering the policy information into the database, proofreading, correcting errors and neatly assembling the policy for mailing to ensure the delivery of a professional-looking product.
- Corresponds with agent representatives and policyholders regarding the acceptance or rejection of coverage, endorsements, rating, pricing, etc., or to obtain additional information as required.
Professional Growth & Development
- Takes advantage of learning opportunities to develop, update and expand skills, knowledge and abilities, and applies learning. Keeps apprised of state applicable workers’ compensation rules and regulations and company best practices. Demonstrates a willingness to learn the financials of the company and how they relate to the duties of a premium auditor.
--We’re looking for--
- Associate’s degree with emphasis on accounting/finance or equivalent work experience.
- Workers’ compensation and/or casualty insurance experience desired.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong math and accounting skills with analytical capabilities.
- Strong communication skills in order to interact in a team environment and effectively communicate with a diverse group of customers and other parties.
- Sound independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills (preferably in a windows environment).
- Data-entry skills with high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrates positive teaming skills.
--Exciting & rewarding--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are just SOME ways we show it:
- Alternative schedules -&- flexible hours for WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Relaxed, professional environment - BE YOURSELF
- Traditional -&- Roth 401(k) retirement plans with employer MATCH
- Charitable giving with employer MATCH
- PAID day to volunteer in the community
- SFM Foundation scholarship program
- Career mentor -&- development programs
- Company training -&- education reimbursement
- Wellness -&- safety programs
- FREE ON-SITE fitness center
- ON-SITE café -&- sick, new mother, -&- child care rooms
- FREE employee assistant plan (EAP)
- PAID holidays -&- leaves
- FREE short -&- long-term disability -&- life insurance
- College savings, adoption assistance, -&- savings bonds
- Pre-paid legal -&- identity theft protection
- Auto -&- homeowner’s insurance DISCOUNTS
- MERSC, Verizon, -&- gym membership DISCOUNTS
- Voluntary cancer, accident, -&- critical illness insurances
- FREE parking
- And MORE!
APPLY! Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
If you feel any of your responses to the online profile or application will reveal your protected classification(s), do not provide that information. Do not provide high school dates of attendance or graduation. The online application and profile allow you to upload a resume/cover letter instead of manually entering all of your information.
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.