SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for coordinating the accounting services function and maintaining the accounting records of the college; financial and tax reporting of the college; coordinating the annual budget request process and monitoring departmental budgets; supporting the financial and compliance audits of the college and the implementation of audit recommendations; direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Associate, Purchasing Coordinator and Grants Accountant. Accountable and responsible to the Associate Vice President for Operations/Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting and three years of accounting experience.
- Three years of budgeting experience.
- One year of experience in a financial supervisory role.
- Good working knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, techniques and the laws and regulations regarding accounting procedures.
- Accounting systems proficiency, from both an accounting and information systems perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to use good judgement in applying and interpreting procedures and regulations for making decisions.
- Ability to meet deadlines, take initiative and work independently with limited supervision.
- Good analytical and organization skills with the ability to effectively plan and organize workload.
- Excellent computer software skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access), email & electronic calendar (Outlook) and excellent keyboarding skills.
- Four years or more of accounting experience.
- Higher education accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant certification.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on directly related experience and credentials. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Full-time, benefited position. Comprehensive fringe benefit package including TIAA retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance. Click here for full employee benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 17, 2017. To submit your application materials, click the Apply button. Complete the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date.)
STARTING DATE: December 18, 2017, or sooner.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record and credit check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PO Box 5587
1700 Schafer St.
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531- 800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.