Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Mill Pond in Ankeny, Iowa, is seeking a Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director for its team. This position includes primarily working days, Monday - Friday.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Director in planning, organizing, developing, evaluating and effectively directing the Nutrition & Culinary Services staff and program in order to ensure the delivery of high quality customer meals and dining services consistent with regulations and established best practices.
The Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director has responsibility as a member of the site leadership team to assist in the planning and implementation of strategies and programming that assure high quality customer meals while achieving short and long-term operational goals and objectives for the site.
- Current Certified Dietary Manager Credentials or graduate of an accredited course or 3 years supervisory food service experience. Current Food Safety Certification.
- Three years experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting. Experience in special event planning.
- Demonstrated competencies in food service management and operations, quality management, staff development, cooking, and clinical nutrition for the elderly.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, coworkers, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.