The preferred location for this position is Denver, CO or Saint Paul, MN. We are open to considering qualified candidates that may be located in other KLJ offices.
Manages the Project Management Office (PMO) by designing and optimizing the organization’s project management capability to ensure an exceptional client experience.
- Lead and coordinate the work of a team of project managers across multiple industries and disciplines
- Develop strategy for project management philosophy, tools, best practices and continuous improvement in the organization
- Lead cross-functional project teams from design to delivery of fully-developed products/services that are ready for client use
- Utilize broad/deep knowledge of current and potential markets to support the business development team in new business pursuits
- Leverage interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, client understanding and extensive Project Management portfolio to establish strong, professional relationships with prospective clients.
- Use extensive knowledge of company capabilities and internal networks to leverage the right resources to demonstrate company's expertise to external clients.
- Play a leadership role in proposal development and proposal execution for the largest/most complex business opportunities/projects
- Ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost
- Monitor performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions
- Lead project resourcing effort working with the business development team and production managers to align talent in the organization to provide the highest value to our clients
- Provide strong leadership to both direct and indirect reports as well as solid and dotted line reports.
- Collaborate with the business development team and clients to prepare, lead, and participate in project proposals and interviews
- Meet with clients to develop project scope, objectives, deliverables and timelines and develop the structure for each project to properly track project metrics
- Adjust to changing requirements and recognize discrepancies in results to ensure successful completion of projects
- Make authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive activities of company.
- Oversee the financial aspects of projects including maximizing revenue and profit while minimizing project overruns, and collect client accounts receivable within contracted terms
- Serve as a liaison between the business development team and the production director to efficiently utilize talent in the organization to provide the highest value to our clients
- Resolve complex/sensitive issues with largest clients and coach project managers on conflict resolution
- Assert significant influence on senior level decision makers in largest client organizations to effectively manage project deliverables
- Supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, project management, finance, engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to set direction and align projects and resources with company goals
- Strong communication skills to maintain shared expectations across stakeholders and clients
- Understanding of how to utilize talent in the organization to provide the highest value to our clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to maintain shared expectations across stakeholders and clients
- Ability to influence and indirectly manage team members to drive efficiency and productivity
- Demonstrates ability to consult and provide advice; facilitate discussion and resolve conflict
- Strong relationship building skills to develop and maintain relationships with key project stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and discipline to maintain project documentation and monitor project deliverables, risks and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple industries/markets
- Mastery of standard project management tools and techniques to schedule, plan, track and correct project performance.
- Demonstrates sophisticated understanding of financial and accounting principles and practices that affect operations.
- PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CAPM, PE or equivalent certification
- Previous experience in a senior management role
- Previous project management experience in a professional engineering services firm
- Work experience demonstrating success in managing complex, multi year projects simultaneously
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40 or more hours per week. The typical percentage of time spent in the office is 80% and out of the office is 20%, however this will vary greatly by project needs.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.