Marketing and Public Relations Manager/Director
The Marketing Manager / Director plays a critical role in the success of Stages Theatre Company. This position leads the development of our strategic marketing and public relations plan, and implements creative tactics to promote and grow our arts and education programing. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role works closely with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors Marketing Committee to execute these plans. This position also collaborates with our Social Media Marketing Associate to ensure a consistent marketing message across all promotional materials.
Key areas of responsibility
- Lead the development of strategic marketing and public relations plans for Stages Theatre Company; manage all aspects of the annual plan, including budgets and timelines.
- Manage and be responsible for all aspects of the Stages Theatre Company brand.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key media representatives, with a goal of expanding our media coverage.
- Provide graphic design for all Stages marketing collateral (print and digital).
- Lead the design and development of our most significant marketing tool - our season brochure.
- Purchase and manage all advertising media partnerships and contracts.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with marketing vendors.
- Manage and attend all public relations events, community relations and trade shows.
- Lead and manage the annual season kick-off activities.
- Develop content for news releases, brochures, etc.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors Marketing Committee to execute the organization’s strategic and tactical marketing and public relations plans.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in Marketing/Public Relations and a passion for theatre arts.
- Demonstrated success in implementing creative marketing strategies.
- Solid proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite, and WordPress.
- Proven success with Media relations and establishing new contacts.
- Familiarity of Social Media, html/web design and video editing a plus, but not required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative and continuous improvement mindset; values new ideas and opportunities to improve.
- Ability to engage respectfully, collaboratively and professionally with people of different values and styles.
- Ability to manage a budget, with an eye on cost saving opportunities.
- Demonstrated skills in event and project management.