Director of Nursing /Clinical Administrator - Long Term Care (LTC)
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Lake Minnetonka Shores (Spring Park, MN) is seeking a Director of Nursing / Clinical Administrator to join our Clinical Leadership Team in Long-Term Care and Transitional Care. This position is responsible for the 131 bed Care Center and its team of clinical support.
About this Community
Lake Minnetonka Shores
4515 Shoreline Drive
Spring Park, MN 55384
Situated on the western shores of the lake in Spring Park, Lake Minnetonka Shores has become known not only for its stunning park and lakeshore, but also for its vibrant and welcoming community of employees and residents. The beautiful shores of Lake Minnetonka provide a peaceful place to take breaks and breathe in the fresh air. With employee apartments next door and convenient access to many restaurants, coffee shops and grocery stores, this community feels like a second home.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking
- Discounted employee meals
- Discounted on-site daycare (infant through pre-school)
- Free Fitness Center access
- Discounted employee apartments available next door to campus
- Monthly employee appreciation events
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
The Director of Nursing / Clinical Administrator is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, evaluating and effectively directing the clinical staff and program in order to ensure the delivery of high quality resident care and services consistent with regulations and established clinical best practices. specifically:
- As a member of the site leadership team, participate in the planning and implementation of strategies and programming that assure high quality resident care while achieving short and long-term operational goals for the site.
- Create and maintain an environment that achieves high quality care (physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual) of residents and maintains their independence and dignity to the highest degree possible within the PHS continuum.
- Establish and maintain effective communication systems with all customers.
- Oversee the implementation of resident care processes: Selection, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care based upon regulations and established clinical best practices. Participate in resident care processes as needed.
- Oversee and monitor the clinical components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy.
- As a supervisor of a large team, the Clinical Administrator is directly responsible for leading and growing members of the team and should be able to demonstrate experience in this area.
The Clinical Administrator reports to the Care Center Administrator or Campus Administrator (depending on the care setting) and directly supervises all managers of clinical services which may include: Clinical Coordinators, RAI staff, Infection Control, Supervisors, and Staffing Coordinator, and indirectly supervises all RNs, LPNs, Medication Assistants, Resident Assistants and Resident Aides. The Clinical Administrator also oversees the use of contracted services for clinical care.
- Registered Nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices.
- Three to five (3 - 5) years leadership experience in nursing.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Demonstrated competencies in health care management and operations, quality management, staff development, resident and family support systems, and community outreach.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gerontological nursing, rehabilitative and restorative clinical practices.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.