Sr Financial Analyst, Home Merchandising Finance
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ANALYST FP&A, HOME MERCHANDISING FINANCE
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Merchandising, Financial Planning & Analysis
About This Opportunity
Strategically grow and transform the Storage and Utility division within the Home pyramid through strong analysis, insights and active participation on cross-functional teams. Find innovative solutions to the challenges that arise in the dynamic and ever changing retail industry. Have a direct impact on merchandising strategies, capital investments, operational choices, resource allocations and financial direction.
The Senior Analyst will work with many cross-functional partners to provide in depth financial and quantitative analysis in support of key operational and strategic decisions that identify market share opportunities and improve the overall end-to-end P&L.
As a Senior Analyst, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage and influence the strategic long range plan of a cross category Storage & Utility division
- Play a critical role in the new merchandising operating model through partnership with broad cross-functional partners by setting short and long term financial goals, while also evaluating how to optimize decisions along the way
- Build a deep understanding of the businesses you support and a broad understanding of its role in the company across key seasons and category roles
- Work closely with leaders in Merchandising and Operations to develop and execute business strategies, identifying levers to improve digital penetration and profit expansion
- Ensure sound financial decisions are being made by developing and maintaining financial models and other analytical tools to analyze the financial impact of strategies
- Manage financial planning and capital investments to assess and improve business performance and evaluate the impact of new strategies.
- Work alongside merchandising leadership to build and analyze monthly forecasts, annual goals, and providing an assessment of enterprise key performance indicators
- Analyze variances between forecast, plan and actual results
- Identify and work on special projects to provide new insights into the business and deliver continuous business improvement
- 4-year college degree (Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance)
- 3 - 5+ years analytical experience, strong analytical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage deadlines effectively
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills