Lead BI Engineer
JOIN OUR ENTERPRISE DATA, ANALYTICS & BI TEAM AS A LEAD BI ENGINEERSimilar titles: Big Data Engineer, Data Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, BI Developer, Business Intelligence EngineerAbout This OpportunityJoin Target's Data, BI & Analytics team where your goal is to make the shopping experience as simple, secure and enjoyable as possible. You'll develop strategies that drive sales and innovation while creating a fast, fun experience that inspires guest loyalty.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead BI Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Ability to analyze business direction and problems, understand long term vision and develop solutions and applications to enable strategic goals.
- Hands on - deliver projects, programs with high quality and on time that create significant impact to our business.
- Design, build and deliver high quality & innovative solutions using Big data, Hadoop, Java and other common BI Tools for product lines working in partnership with a Product Manager
- Effectively lead technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Actively participate in Agile delivery with product release cycle, daily stand up, design and code reviews.
- Mentor and provide proactive technical oversight, advise development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency of data/analytical solutions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with product managers, and development team for individual products.
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for building cross product data assets to optimize for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Keep current with technology and contribute towards IT blueprint, frameworks and technologies that would benefit us and improve our productivity.
- 2+ years Hadoop platform experience with overall 5+ years' experience in software development
- Map reduce, HBASE, SQOOP, HIVE, SPARK, HADOOP Connectors, Linux , Knowledge of KAFKA , Building API, Cassandra and Hbase
- Experience with Java and/or Python
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile development model
- Demonstrated experience with design, development and implementation of large scale data solutions using Hadoop (Cloudera or HortonWorks preferred)
- Experience with design of data integration using ETL, ELT and other data Integration patterns
- Development experience with Teradata, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL or any other query language