Lead Engineer - DevOps
We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who can both lead and implement, is eager to learn, and wants to help build the culture, practice, and craft of Infrastructure DevOps and Agile at Target. Our team consists of Internal consulting on tech stacks such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack (Terraform or Heat), Drone CI, and Spinnaker including the development and delivery of training curriculum. We're developer advocates for Cloud & Compute products and services supporting a $69billion business here at Target.
What You Will Be Doing
As a lead engineer on our team, you'll be focused on helping solution portfolio teams develop in the space of Cloud & Compute products and services!
You'll get to:
- Drive key development on critical strategic initiatives in the Cloud & Compute space.
- Provide technical guidance and steering to Team Members and assist in the development of team roadmap and strategy
- Actively use Agile methods with the team to manage WIP, flow, and prioritization of work.
- You'll be hands on with new technology as you assist in driving the evolution of dev-ops at Target
- You'll be hands on with tools: Git Github, Chef, Artifactory, Jenkins, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack (Terraform or Heat), Drone CI, Spinnaker
- You will engage with local and global teams to help mature our practices and to leverage principles rooted in continuous integration and delivery.
- Identify, recommend, and drive emerging technologies within DevOps / Open Source community
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with coding languages to drive system integration and automation
- Experience with provisioning and automation platforms and languages such as Ansible and Chef
- Experience with Agile software development practices (Scrum, TDD, XP)
- Practical knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including logging, monitoring, alerting, and security
- Experience with Docker Container technology and Kubernetes Container Orchestration
- Expertise in OpenStack private cloud (Terraform or Heat preferred)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
What's In It for You
- Work in an agile, hands-on, innovative environment
- Work alongside, learn from experts at Target that are well-respected internally and externally
- Join an intelligent and fun team positioned to help drive Target's future success