MMCAP Business Project Supervisor-Management Analyst Supv 3
Closing Date: 12/07/2017
Job Class: Management Analyst Supervisor 3
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Dept/214-MAPE
Division/Unit: Office of State Procurement-MMCAP
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $27.54-$39.89/per hour; $57,504-$83,290/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 216/MMA
The Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP) is a free, voluntary group purchasing organization for government facilities that provide healthcare services. MMCAP has been delivering pharmacy and healthcare value to members since 1985. MMCAP's membership extends across nearly every state in the nation, delivering volume buying power. Members receive access to a full range of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare products and services; such as, medical supplies, influenza vaccine, dental supplies, drug testing, wholesaler invoice auditing and returned goods processing.
This is a business analysis and project management position that supports the Manager of the Knowledge and Financial Management section in fulfilling the responsibilities to MMCAP in the cost-effective, timely, efficient development of essential internal business systems and external customer and vendor systems and tools that ensure best value for pharmaceuticals and healthcare products and services to government facilities across the nation and uses cooperative purchasing that follows stringent procurement laws.
- Three years of supervisory or leadwork experience and three years of professional experience supporting information systems which include but not limited to business analysis planning and monitoring; requirements gathering, management and communication; enterprise analysis; requirements analysis; and solution assessment and validation; A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information systems, Business or a closely related field may substitute for two years of professional experience.
In addition to the above, applicants must also have:
- Experience in planning, design, testing and implementation phases of software development.
- Knowledge of modeling/facilitating business processes, object modeling, diagramming data flows, and use case writing.
- Knowledge of project management standards, principles and practices sufficient to determine program direction, plan work and set goals, monitor and evaluate accomplishments.
- Knowledge of multi-system data (i.e., rational database structures, XML, PL/SQL, and other query languages), interfaces, and extraction procedures sufficient to analyze, design and specify reports and other presentation methods such as dashboards.
- Knowledge of stakeholder analysis, managing issues, risks and requirements, and reporting and change management.
- Advanced negotiation and facilitation skills sufficient to participate in discussions among system users, representatives from other state agencies and partner agencies, as well as other IT staff on highly complex and sometimes sensitive issues.
- Enhanced organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the capacity to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priority levels and deadlines.
- Analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills sufficient to fully understand end-user requirements and discuss viable business solutions.
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to participate in discussions and assist with communications to both technical and non-technical personnel. This position involves writing of clear and concise specification, plans, informational memos, reports and preparation of presentations and demonstrations to both management level and technical staff.
- Knowledge of purchasing organization contracting practices, pharmaceutical and healthcare product and services competition, distribution models (e.g., direct, wholesale), compliance, and the Affordable Care Act.
- Experience with SQL reporting services.
- Tableau software (Desktop and Server) experience and/or Certification.
- Navigating complex data flows (retrieval, manipulation and delivery) from multiple disparate sources in to a business friendly output of information.
- Experience with Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Public sector experience, ideally in a state government agency setting.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical or medical supply industry.
Additional Requirements: **A successful candidate must pass an employer reference check**
It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check; Criminal History Check; Employment Reference Check; Education/License Verification
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should apply on the State Careers' web site at http://www.mn.gov/careers Job Posting #18297. Application deadline: 12/07/2017.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.