Lead Product Owner -VendEx
PRIMARY FUNCTIONThe Product Owner will be responsible for the core technologies that enable Target's Vendor Partner to quickly, easily, and confidently do business with Target so that we can confidently deliver quality products to our guests. The product owner represents the “voice of our vendor customers” including design, supply chain, merchandising, and indirect vendors from across the globe. By discovering and prioritizing a list of problems and ideas, you work with a talented engineering team to ensure that the team is working to maximize business value and deliver necessary solutions to all customers. This role is part of our Merchandising product team. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts key product strategies and objectives and key results (OKRs) for the product(s).
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for created product(s), working in the product model and communicating with business partners.
- Lead dual track agile to balance both Delivery and Discovery activities within your team.
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for the product(s).
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Ensure stories and/or Epics clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to the development partners.
- Stays current on industry knowledge, business context and customer personas related to this product.
- Provides competitive analysis, monitoring, Market, SWOT and Gap Analysis to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated passion and fluency for the technical and data aspects of your business.
- Lead and manage small SCRUM teams, including engineers, ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives.
- Encourages the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Inspires others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction.
- Provides insightful, motivating, and constructive feedback to all roles on the team. Builds a strong team culture of progress, transparency and efficiency.
- Foster a sense of urgency in to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- 5-7 years retail or software experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in working in a matrix environment
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Ease at working with senior leadership and teams to move work forward.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- 4+ years of experience managing and leading teams.
- Experience working with merchandising or supply chain vendors.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Product management experience
- Experience with agile product methodology
- Experience in a software organization
- Product Owner certification