Lead ACD Creative ISM & Store Experience
PRIMARY FUNCTIONGuides the Creative Direction of In-Store Marketing (ISM) for categories, new initiatives and related areas. Oversees ideation and execution of creative solutions, systems and experiences that connect, entertain and bring joy to our guest while on their shopping journey. Manages the work of external agencies and guides internal teams, for brand, category and campaign consistency.Collaborates with Visual Merchandising and ISM partners. Draws upon strong personal expertise in Graphic Design, Typography and Art Direction skills to lead others.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Articulates the creative vision, and guides several multi-disciplinary creative teams in partnership with Creative Leadership.
- Shares our brand voice and culture to infuse the work with an unmistakable Target approach, seamlessly integrating a multicultural guest lens.
- Drives creative solutions and challenges conventional thinking.
- Ensures all work is on brand and consistent across internal/external teams, and can be feasibly executed within time constraints and budget.
- Ensures brand alignment across all work and with other departments, in partnership with Creative Leadership.
- Provides clear and timely communication/feedback to creative teams relative to creative work.
- Oversees development and execution of creative work (standards, innovation, consistency).
- Partners with ISM planners to produce strategic, connected channel briefs.
- Partners with Visual Merchandising to craft a dynamic retail presentation.
- Partners with all teams to evolve the landscape of store experience.
- Partners effectively with ISM, Visual Merchandising, Category Marketing, Product Design and Development (PD&D) and Merchandising leadership to ensure creative is meeting the needs of Marketing, Merchandising and pre-determined business strategies
- Presents creative work to partners and key leaders (Marketing and Merchant VP/SVP teams).
- Builds competent base knowledge of categories and guest behaviors to inform decisions and guide creative work.
- Possess high creative taste level
- Conceptual and Critical thinking
- Synthesize information and manage complexity
- Action-oriented and self-directed
- Informed and timely decision-maker
- Balances big picture with day-to-day work
- Creative problem-solving
- Flexible, can handle ambiguity.
- Collaborative influencer with a clear POV.
- Adapts precedent and develops solutions.
- Responsible to help identify top creative talent; leads internal working teams, contractors and external agencies to deliver on creative concepts
- Guide creative next-level thinkers.
- This role does not have direct reports
- Reports to Director, Creative
- Works closely with ISM and Visual Merchandising teams
- SVP, VPs, Sr. Directors and Directors across Marketing - primarily ISM and Visual Merchandising
- SVP, VPs, Sr. Directors and Directors across Merchandising
- SVP, VP's Sr. Directors and Directors across PD&D
- Creative agencies and internal creative teams.
- Third Parties providing creative services.
- 5 - 8 years of Typography, Graphic Designand Art Direction expertise, with Retail Engagement Experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Design, Graphic Design, Art or other related field
- Creative portfolio demonstrating Target brand expectations
- Proficient in MAC computer programs: InDesign, Illustrator etc.
- Competent in design systems and thinking
- Clear communication style: written and spoken
- Ability and experience in leading creative teams
- Ability to sell a creative idea to non-creative leadership
- Some travel may be required