Nurse Manager - Hospital, Med/Surg, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) oversees Marshfield Clinic and other subsidiaries, including Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc., Marshfield Clinic Information Services, Flambeau Hospital in Park Falls and Lakeview Medical Center in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. Marshfield Clinic, with more than 60 locations in Wisconsin, serves patients through accessible, high quality health care, research and education; with more than 750 physician specialists in over 80 specialties and subspecialties and more than 6,800 employees.
Our Eau Claire Hospital is schedule to open in June of 2018. We are looking for a proven leader to fill our Nurse Manager, Hospital, Med/Surg role.
The Nurse Manager-Hospital coordinates, directs and manages the twenty-four hour delivery of optimal patient care within an assigned area of a Marshfield Clinic Health System hospital. This role is responsible for the recruitment and retention of the frontline patient care staff and for guiding and leading our nurses to provide the best patient care services in accordance with the organizational goals and initiatives.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or an associate degree in nursing and currently enrolled in a BSN completion program with expected completion within three years of hire
- MSN preferred
- Current Wisconsin Registered Nurse licensure
- 2 years of nursing experience with leadership experience as demonstrated by collective leadership opportunities through charge nurse or lead role
- 2 years of experience as a Nurse Manager preferred
- Advanced training and/or experience in continuous qualit improvement and/or patient safety, training in quantitative methods and statistical analysis preferred
- Prior Supervisory experience preferred
Working at Marshfield Clinic, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive benefits package
Eau Claire is located in western Wisconsin on the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers. This city of 62,000 is a regional center for health care, finance, commerce, transportation, education, retail trade, and entertainment. The area boasts a healthy and diverse economy, low unemployment, affordable housing, and safe neighborhoods. Eau Claire is home to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and Chippewa Valley Technical College, as well as excellent public and private K-12 schools. Recreation for all seasons is close by and includes boating, fishing, golf, hiking and nature trails, bicycle trails, as well as snowmobile, cross-country ski and snow-shoe areas. Eau Claire is also home to Country Jam, one of the nation's largest country music festivals, which attracts top artists each year. Just 75 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul along the I-94 corridor, Eau Claire offers convenient access to the amenities of a large metropolitan area, plus the daily comforts and conveniences available in a smaller community. For more information about Eau Claire, please visit the following websites: City of Eau Claire, http://www.ci.eau-claire.wi.us or Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce, http://www.eauclairechamber.org/
Questions may be directed to Heidi Kramer, Human Resources:
Apply directly through:
Or through our Career Center at:
Reference job number MC172335
1000 N. Oak Ave.
Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.