Lead Product Owner- Registry
LEAD PRODUCT OWNERRight along with Target's distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Are you ready to excel in the fast-changing retail environment? Are you a customer service enthusiast who's curious about the guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you'll have success on the Digital Strategy & Platform team, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms—including Target.com and the store network's fulfillment capabilities. Here, you'll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience. PRIMARY FUNCTIONTarget Gift Registry helps our Guests celebrate their most important moments in life, big and small. We're a small team with an omnichannel experience, pushing the envelope, working with new technologies, designing new experiences, and working in new and evolving ways. The Lead Product Owner represents the “voice of the guest” and works with teams of designers and developers to build break-through products and experiences. The Lead Product Owner maintains a roadmap and prioritizes the backlog to ensure that the team is working on developing product experiences that maximize Guest and business value. We have a new role opening on the Gift Registry team that will be responsible for planning, testing and executing against a key strategic initiative across Target.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the ideation and framing problems that result in launching innovative products.
- Establish a vision and roadmap to be shared with stakeholders and validated with Guests.
- Partner with design team for usability studies and research to improve Guest experience.
- Define and track the metrics that matter to our Guest and to the business. Monitor health metrics with dashboards.
- Possess' and fosters a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles. Has a bias toward action. Resists the status quo.
- Collaborate with key partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product.
- Maintain a roadmap and backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy and metrics
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end Guest experience integration points and team dependencies.
- Encourage the open exchange of information and diverse viewpoints
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 7-9 years of experience with 2-3 years in a consumer product management role or equivalent
- Customer-centric thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Experience working in an agile (XP, Scrum) and/or lean environment
- Knowledgeable about Personalization and Recommender systems DESIRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrates Boldness, Curiosity and Innovativeness
- Experience with Machine Learning and Personalization systems
- Experience with Jobs-to-Be-Done or Pragmatic Marketing frameworks