Sr Engineer - Order Management System
Description: JOIN US AS A SENIOR ENGINEERAbout this OpportunityGrowth of Target.com is well ahead of other ecommerce retailers, and along with that comes many technical challenges to develop new and scalable platforms and systems. We are working on building new and differentiating capabilities, using cutting edge open source and distributed system technologies, for the Target's new “demanding enthusiast” guests. In this position you will have opportunity to:
- Perform a technical engineering role on various projects within our Target.com platform
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
- Create innovative solutions that will build and operate on a scale that supports key strategies
- Ensure architectural, infrastructure, operational, and security requirements are met
- Diagnose, isolate and de-bug software problems and perform problem resolution
- Drive technical quality, stability and scalability of solutions
- Monitor production jobs, analyze and trouble-shoot production incidents within defined SLAs
- Suggest process improvements and automate recovery processes to the extent possible
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience developing high performing web-based applications using Java and other web development frameworks.
- Experience developing RESTful services using the Spring Boot framework
- Experience in relational databases including development of tables.
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Works well under pressure and attention to detail to come up with stop-gap fixes to immediately mitigate business impact
- Experience in following technologies -Groovy, Camel, Kafka, Gradle, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Chef, ELK, Apache Tomcat, Cassandra (or any noSQL), PostgreSQL (or any RDBMS), Python, Spark, Scala, Hazelcast, Open-Stack.