Research Analysis Spec-MMCAP Business System Analyst
Closing Date: 1/29/2018
Job Class: Research Analyst Specialist
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Dept/214-MAPE
Division/Unit: Office of State Procurement-MMCAP
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $21.98-$32.24/per hour; $45,894-$67,317/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214/MAPE
This position provides analytical support of the data used by the Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP). This includes meeting reporting obligations for requests from MMCAP staff, participating facilities and MMCAP vendors. The incumbent will:
- Construct core and ad-hoc reports and prepare user documentation.
- Provide MMCAP web portal content relevant to analytics and reporting.
- Conduct research and perform complex data analysis of pharmaceuticals and other related healthcare products and services.
- Research, model and forecast business trends.
- Determine research methodologies and make recommendations for major studies.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to professional co-workers.
- Lead work team in difficult statistical or analytical research.
- Manage complex data for the associated line of business.
- Support continuous improvement efforts.
- Three years of professional experience supporting business information systems which includes but is not limited to research, data analysis, reporting, and documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of how research is conducted to complete major program studies.
- Advanced understanding of statistical techniques and research methodology.
- Experience in computer statistical analytic software for the purpose of collecting, analyzing and summarizing data (i.e. Excel, SPSS, or similar).
- Ability to write for and speak to the public and to interpret complex statistical data to a variety of constituencies.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex statistical data and present interpretations in clear, concise form.
- Ability to maintain well-organized and detailed records on which research and data analysis is based.
- Ability to direct activities of co-workers and to monitor and report on work performance
- Ability to support a wide range of stakeholders relying on an enterprise-class analytics and reporting system.
- Ability to organize work, be a self-starter, solve problems and multi-task.
- Ability to understand priorities and work independently, yet follow instructions as needed.
- Degree in Computer Science/Mgt. Information Science, Business, Economics, Mathematics or a closely related field of study.
- Background in the healthcare or pharmaceutical areas with an understanding of laws surrounding GPOs and price negotiation in Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Experience navigating complex data flows (retrieval, manipulation & delivery) from multiple disparate sources in order to develop comprehensive test cases and supporting test data.
- Experience with modeling and forecasting business trends.
- Public sector experience, ideally in a state government agency setting.
Additional Requirements: **A successful candidate must pass an employer reference check**
It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check; Criminal History Check; Employment Reference Check; Education/License Verification
How to Apply:
All interested employees should apply on the State Careers’ web site at http://www.mn.gov/careers. Job Posting #19396. Application deadline: 1/29/2018.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.