Product Design Intern (UX)
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for passionate, guest-obsessed experience experts to join our digital teams this summer.
This person collaborates on complex, connected, and innovative digital projects and experiences. They have an intuitive feeling for the way products and experiences should work and an understanding of what Target guests want. They are driven by empathy and how a guest feels when experiencing Target branded experiences. They lead the work through strong partnerships and team collaboration. They challenge assumptions—thinking beyond the expected—to uncover hidden truths and human connections.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management: lead multiple disciplines across Target Digital, while keeping a guest experience-first approach to the work
- Partner collaboration: build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Design research and insights: partner with Creative Strategy, UX Research, and Guest Insights teams to lead empathetic research activities and obtain key insights to shape experiences
- Experience strategy: connect business strategy, guest research and insights, human behavior, technical feasibility and digital experience design.
- Target platform insights: gain a deep understanding of current and future Target digital tools to help drive feasible and impactful solutions that match to guest need and expectation.
- Experience architecture: map out the full guest experience to define opportunities across campaigns, channels, media and technologies
- User flows/guest journeys: map guest journeys, user flows and expected behavior
- Campaign insights: obtain key campaign metrics to help refine experiences or shape future projects
·Currently pursuing a 4-year degree in User Experience, Human Interface Technology, Design, Engineering (or related technical discipline)
·Experience designing native mobile apps (iOS and/or Android).
·Skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
·Ability to partner with remote UX research methodologies and to partner with research expert
·Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
·Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
·Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data