Field Services Manager
As a Field Services Manager, you will provide leadership and supervision to the Field Service Team. In this role, you will apply HVAC product and application knowledge, along with appropriate technical skills, to support the Field Service staff and internal and external customers. Cultivating relationships with customers to learn and understand their critical missions and expectations is valued at CDI. In this position, you will need to ensure that parts and service orders are processed.
- Coordinate the execution of Field Service Technicians schedules based on sales requirements and plant capacity through communication with Materials, Scheduling, Sales, and Manufacturing.
- Ensure that Field Service Technicians and others complete the following functions as assigned:
Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed.
Documentation of work with completed paperwork on each job and maintenance of files.
Customer equipment startup and other offered services.
Servicing products and equipment and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Coordinate technical support for customers.
Identify, analyze, diagnose, and repair systems and products at customer's location.
- Work with Engineering to achieve outstanding design solutions for current products and solve quality and/or warranty related engineering design problems that reduce cost, increase quality and/or productivity.
- Assist in the development of CDI Design Standards and best practices to capture and retain knowledge.
- Conduct training of the Customer Service, Manufacturing, and Engineering Teams to ensure awareness of customer expectations and wishes, and opportunities or threats which field conditions or CDI execution failures may pose.
- Coordinate the feedback of design improvement opportunities to the Product Development Team.
- Participate in Design Review Team meetings assisting in manufacturability improvement decisions, warranty cost avoidance decisions, and product improvement decisions.
- Consistently communicate costs, causes, and trends of product failure and quality issues to upper management.
- Lead formal corrective actions on failures seeking system change to address the root cause.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in experience, with emphasis in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supervision or management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in capital equipment maintenance and repair, preferably HVAC equipment.
- Experience and proficiency in working with customers, communicating effectively, and solving problems.
- Experience and proficiency in developing proposals and project plans for a variety of products and services.