Retention & Growth
- Foster new and existing relationships with current and prospective sponsors and businesses.
- Develop recruitment and communication plans to promote sponsorship and encourage active participation in Economic Development Events.
- Research, design and maintain resources for sponsors and businesses while utilizing WCEDA resources and network.
- Provide resources, networking and opportunities for businesses looking to relocate throughout service area.
- Provides financial and business planning advice to new and/or existing businesses in need. Coordinates introductions, meetings and/or partnership opportunities with WCEDA serving area contacts.
- Aligns economic development opportunities with new or current area businesses.
- Oversee the fiscal management of WCEDA and operations consistent with budgetary targets. Keep the Board of Directors apprised of significant financial variances and communicate opportunities for revenue growth and/or expense reductions.
- Actively manage and oversee/assist the WCEDA bookkeeping/accounting activities consistent with established financial policies/procedures. Manage invoices/AR, deposits, bank reconciliation, and assists the Treasurer in annual budgeting and year end accounting/taxes.
Administration & Operations
- Maintain a professional and efficient operation and business office work environment.
- Prepare and distribute agendas, financial reports and attachments for Board and committee meetings. Is prepared and actively participates in Board and Committee meetings.
- Effectively manage WCEDA staff including coordination of daily work assignments, volunteers, ensuring work deadlines and quality expectations are achieved. Provides direct supervision of staff and/or volunteers providing coaching, recognition and human resource management.
Event Coordination & Development
- Assist in the research, design, direction and coordination of WCEDA events and/or initiatives to promote tourism, business growth, fundraising and community enrichment. Provide necessary leadership in support in all Alliance sponsored events and initiatives.
- Foster and maintain a relationship with business and community organizations.
Public Relations & Marketing
- Participate in business-community groups and meetings in support of WCEDA’s Mission and priorities established by the Board. Update the President and Board as necessary.
- Develop and professionally execute public relations plans, including the maintenance of WCEDA’s website, community calendar, community billboard, newsletter(s) and other promotional and communication materials.
- Network with area Chamber of Commerce, attend regional, and industry events in order to remain engaged with key proponents of the area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Sales, Communication and/or equivalent in work history required.
- Public relations management experience required
- Skills and/or experience with social media marketing, public speaking and finance preferred
- Valid and insurable drivers license required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires initiative and judgment. Often requires decision-making skills, organizational ability, attention to detail, and the ability to act independently. Ensures that goals and objectives of the Board of Directors are accomplished.
- Contacts: Frequent contact with the public at large and with all community and regional organizations, board, and staff. Is a regular contact/liaison for businesses and the public.
- Requires skills in planning, organization, multi-tasking, and working under deadlines.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com.