Description: Lead Engineer DescriptionJoin us as a Lead Engineer - Core OleTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.The Ole platform is a collection of products that manages work “inside the four walls” of the nodes in the Target supply chain, including managing inventory, calculating optimal workload and tasks, managing the execution of tasks, and controlling automation solutions. This is in support of a multi-billion-dollar investment in building out a new innovative and efficient supply chain to meet the current and future needs for Target's continued success in the retail space.As a Lead Engineer on the Core Ole team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maturing the future state warehouse management and control systems for use throughout Target's supply chain. This a young project built on cutting edge technology. You will be responsibility for driving key decisions on how Target utilizes technology to solve complicated problems that allow Target to compete in a modern retail environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Work with product team to define stories and acceptance criteria.
- Research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
- Design and develop core pieces of functionality within the system
- Lead and mentor other engineers on the team to help deliver key functionality
- Be part of the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- Contribute unit, functional and performance tests to validate the product
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in the JVM
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Experience building and scaling RESTful APIs and event driven platforms.
- Experience building high through put applications using non-blocking technologies (e.g. Rx, RatPack).
- Experience with event driven architecture using technologies such as Kafka or similar.
- Exposure to storage technologies that support high scale and large amounts of data (e.g. Cassandra, Elastic Search, etc).
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Drone, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.