The Ole platform is a collection of products that manages work “inside the four walls” of the nodes in the Target supply chain, including managing inventory, calculating optimal workload and tasks, managing the execution of tasks, and controlling automation solutions. This is in support of a multi-billion-dollar investment in building out a new innovative and efficient supply chain to meet the current and future needs for Target's continued success in the retail space
As a Lead Engineer on the Core ole team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maturing the future state warehouse management and control systems for use throughout Target's supply chain. This a young project built on cutting edge technology. You will be responsibility for driving key decisions on how Target utilizes technology to solve complicated problems that allow Target to compete in a modern retail environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Work with product team to define stories and acceptance criteria.
- Research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
- Develop core pieces of functionality within the system
- Be part of the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- Contribute unit, functional and performance tests to validate the product
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in the JVM
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Experience building and scaling RESTful APIs and event driven platforms.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Drone, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.