Sr. Engineering Manager
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having a strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
As the Sr. Engineering Manager of the Case and Knowledge Management team, you take the lead for the software development and management of systems supporting our Financial and Retail Services (FRS) business. Your products are used daily by tens of thousands of team members (stores and headquarters) and guests enabling easy and frictionless guest service. You will own the detailed technical roadmap for your product leveraging the latest open source technology and CI/CD pipeline tools. You will work closely with the product management team to set the product's direction and maintain the team's backlog. You will have the opportunity to coach and develop your engineering team while influencing your peers and leaders across Target Technology Services.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- Software development experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with Java, Spring, Camel, and Kafka
- Experience with API architecture and cloud-ready development (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with enterprise level Service Center and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools (e.g. Salesforce)
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)