Senior Data Engineer
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineering professionals who can help us advanced our Digital Prediction strategy for Target. You will be able to put your skills, experience and passion to build a platform that will have direct impact on millions of Target Guests and Vendor partners. You will get an opportunity to build an engineering solution for delivering a reliable end to end guest experience for Target.com's site and mobile apps. We do this through real-time ingestion and Machine Learning to create and visualize predictions, detect anomalies and alert. Be part of a team that's not only utilizing cutting edge technologies but also is forefront of Target's digital experience.
- Research and evaluate new and emerging data models for accurate predictions.
- Implement data models to predict trends and detect anomalies using Python and Java.
- Work well with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern.
- 4+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java and Python
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce and Oozie
- Machine Learning experience
- Experience in retail industry
- Familiarity with Spark, Scala and other scripting languages.
- Good written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Degree in Mathematics and related technical field such as Computer Science