Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Accounting, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target's business initiatives and core retail operations.
As a Sr. Accountant you will oversee and review the accounting and reporting of capital projects for Target, including technology, new stores, distribution centers, remodels, merchandising, and other special projects. You will review the capital/expense accounting treatment of capital projects by developing an in-depth understanding of technology, property development, and merchandising projects. You will develop strong relationships in order to influence partners and provide client support to teams across the company. You will indirectly manage talent including the coaching and training of others on the team. You will drive innovation and analytics to improve complex processes. You will enforce governance policies around capital spend and maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Four-year degree in Accounting and 4-6 years of related experience
- Strong accountant with knowledge of GAAP related to property & equipment and technology desired
- Experience working with excel, access and other tools to analyze large volumes of data
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organization and analytical skills
- Strong business partner, able to collaborate with teams across the organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence across all levels of management
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously with proven project management skills