Loss Mitigation Specialist
Grow Your Career with SharePoint Credit Union
At SharePoint Credit Union, we are dedicated to offering easy financial solutions to improve the financial wellness of the communities in which we serve. SharePoint is growing and invites individuals who are energetic, friendly, and member service driven to join our team.
As a Loss Mitigation Specialist your role will be to preserve Credit Union assets by minimizing loss and maximizing recoveries.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Contacts delinquent accounts by phone and mail. Advises and counsels members of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment. Takes appropriate action to bring account to a current status.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers; makes recommendations to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Sets up and maintains accurate files and reports on all collections activity.
- Thorough understanding of bankruptcy laws and collection laws.
- Knowledge of debit/credit card fraud regulations.
- Collect on negative share accounts.
- Send charged-off loans to outside agencies for further collections.
- Process garnishments and levies.
- Position may require a flexible schedule and time out of normal business hours.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Ensure timely contact of members with delinquent loans to determine repayment options including collection letters..
- Maximize the collection and/or recovery of credit union assets.
- Collect on assigned delinquent accounts.
- Keep collections files and records accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Ensure all collection activity is legal and follows established policies, keeping management informed of operational issues affecting collection activities.
- Identify and inform management of potential underwriting problems.
- Provide professional, timely, and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Talks to others to convey information effectively. Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Maintains confidentiality related to Credit Union operations and work-related information. Computer operating systems; e.g. Microsoft Windows.
SharePoint values our employees! We offer:
- Competitive wages.
- An excellent benefits package which include insurance, generous PTO, education and retirement.
- Advancement opportunities within a growing company.
Learn more about the position at http://sharepointcu.com/about_career.asp. Easily apply by noting Loss Mitigation Specialist in the subject line when sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org