Cybersecurity, Virtualization, and Networking (CVN) Faculty
This position is responsible for instruction in the Business and Information Technology division. Instruction includes computer operating systems, network software applications, network infrastructure, information system security, and virtual computing. Responsibilities will also include curriculum development, professional development, student academic advising, recruiting, interviewing, student placement, program budgeting, and partnerships with business and industry.
Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline with a minimum of 20 semester credits (30 quarter credits) in computer systems networking and computer systems network administration.
Occupational Experience Requirement
Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in computer systems networking and computer systems network administration.
One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Experience in network security and/or computer information systems security
- Extended experience in Microsoft network operating systems
- Experience in configuring Cisco networking solutions
- Microsoft, Cisco, or related security certification
- Experience in the following:
- training and teaching
- curriculum design and training development
- Experience working with the following technologies:
- Active Directory
- Network security
- Virtualization technologies (Azure, VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Routing, switching, and firewalls
- Experience in Linux operating systems
Additional position information and requirements are detailed at www.alextech.edu (click on employment and then Academic Jobs – “How to Apply”). Application should be made by March 12, 2018. Position open until filled.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.