NATIONAL POWER ACADEMY (NPA) PROGRAM MANAGER/DEPARTMENT HEAD – TECHNICAL ENERGY
National Power Academy (NPA) Program
Manager/Department Head – Technical Energy
WORK LOCATION: DAMMAN, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA (KSA) – KSA is segregated by gender – MALE APPLICANTS
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: NPA DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
COMPENSATION: $100,000 to $135,000; includeS entitlements and based on experience.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Program Manager/Department Head of Technical Energy is responsible for designing, coordinating, delivering, and evaluating the National Power Academy (NPA)’s technical/vocational programs related to the Energy Industry conducted for post-secondary and incumbent industry workers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). As well as coordinating the day to day operational activities of the programs faculty and delivery of the curriculum, and ensuring compliance with program standards, contracts, regulations, and stakeholders.
- Provide management of the NPA’s technical energy programs curricula and faculty.
- Develop customized technical energy curriculum for the NPA’s clients.
- Coordinate logistics and plan technical energy related activities.
- Assist the Director of Education to achieve and maintain KSA and International accreditation.
- Ensure compliance with the Colleges of Excellence and KSA policies, procedures, reporting, standards, etc. within the technical energy programs.
- Promote and market the NPA’s programs.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recruit, train, and maintain a strong and diverse pool of faculty to deliver the NPA’s technical energy programs.
- Implement and monitor outcome measures and evaluation procedures for programs.
- Assist the Director of Education to prepare and monitor technical energy programs budgets.
- Perform additional duties designated by the Director of Education to achieve success of programs and meet mission of the NPA.
- MA/MS degree is preferred or BA/BS in engineering, management, or education fields with 5 years appropriate experience.
- Unit supervisors/managers with 5 years management experience in a vocational/industry training center is essential.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Command of oral and written Arabic is desirable.
- A strong personal commitment to the NPA’s mission and vision.
- Ability to develop and implement programs related to the NPA’s mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Proven experience in developing curriculum for technical Energy Industry programs.
- Strong facilitation and group leadership skills.
- A familiarity with and understanding of issues of diversity and inclusion, with knowledge of how those issues are particularly navigated in the KSA.
- Experience working with youth, schools, business, elected and government officials, industry, and/or community groups.
- Experience working in a leadership capacity with diverse groups.
- The ability to conceive, develop, and complete tasks without close supervision.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and budget development and monitoring skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Computer competency and proficiency in Windows/Microsoft Office environment.
- Administration and work in the fields of education and/or organizational development.
APPLICATION PROCESS: For consideration - provide a cover letter, resume, and four work references via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.) Official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) will be required upon hire. This position requires a background check.
This position will be open until filled with a starting date to be determined.