Director Strategy Finance
Classification: Exempt Date: February 2018About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you'll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target's strategic execution. You'll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you'll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You'll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You'll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, brining innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world's most recognized and best-loved retail brands. As a Director of Strategy Finance, you will have the opportunity to grow and transform Target's business through leadership, strong financial analysis, high-impact insights and active engagement with executive and senior leaders. This positions directly impacts Target's enterprise-wide strategies, capital investments, business development, resource allocations and financial direction. Responsibilities of this role includes:
- Ensures alignment between Target's Long Range Financial Plan and the Enterprise Strategic Roadmap
- Lead year-round focus on Long Range Plan scenarios and opportunities. Proactively identify gaps in financial performance and surface conversations to leadership.
- Partner with Enterprise Strategy, Performance Acceleration, and LT to evaluate and interpret enterprise strategic decisions and their impact on Target's business model
- Interpret external perspective on Target (competitor results, investment banking reports, etc.) into internal opportunities and focuses.
- Partner across FP&A to improve the financial acumen and influence across FP&A to better drive results across the enterprise.
- Lead forecasting, planning and analysis of Target's Innovation Investment Portfolio
- Evaluate the benefits, risks, and financial implications of new initiatives or products. Build business cases for use in Innovation governance & go/no-go decision making
- Lead a team of Sr. Finance Managers. Attract, manage, and develop seasoned finance talent
- Sets priorities, removes obstacles for delivering on objectives, and ensures the team is focused on providing value-added support that helps deliver strong financial performance
- BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of prior relevant work experience
- Outstanding analytical skills & understanding of Target's business model
- Ability to communicate and influence at senior levels
- Understanding of external perspective / insights on Target business. Could include M&A and/or other relevant industry experience.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Comfortable in white space / undefined situations
- Demonstrated leadership skills - ability to direct and influence a team, clients, and peers.