Director of Professional Development and Career Advancement: Graduate Business and Leadership Pr...
The Graduate Business and Leadership departments of Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (MAOL), and Master of Science in Management (MS) at St. Catherine University invite applications for a Director of Professional Development and Career Advancement. This position is responsible for leading programs to advance students' career readiness and professional development.
• Lead career and professional development education and advising for MBA, MAOL, and MSM students.
• Design, develop, and deliver relevant career and professional development programs including career education, workshops, and networking events.
• Provide individual resources and coaching that align with diverse career interests and goals of students.
• Collaborate with the university's Career Development Center to leverage employer relationships and existing technology to increase employment options and job search effectiveness.
• Coordinate with Alumnae Relations to engage alums as professional contacts and advisors to students.
• Collaborate with corporate partners and sponsors to ensure that professional development offerings align with current demands of leaders and high performing professionals.
• Participate as an active member of the university community, serving on campus committees and attending activities and events.
• Master's degree in business, leadership, education, or related field
• 6+ years of experience in university student career services or other applicable career development setting
• Knowledge of career and professional development services and employment trends
• Teaching or facilitation experience at the college/graduate level required; Experience working with graduate-level business and leadership students preferred
• Must have excellent career coaching skills, especially with clients experiencing career change, seeking growth or advancement opportunities; experience designing/delivering career-focused workshops and events preferred
• Proven ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, and employers; Industry or functional work experience in areas related to the interests of business and leadership students preferred
• Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills; Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends in support of programs and events
The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families, and communities
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org