FINANCE DIRECTOR – JOB OPENING
The Scott County Community Development Agency (CDA), located in Shakopee, MN, is hiring a Finance Director. The mission of the Scott County CDA is to strengthen the communities of Scott County by providing affordable housing opportunities to low and moderate income families, promoting economic development, and fostering coordination of public and private resources.
The Scott County CDA, with a staff of 24, serves our clients through rental assistance programs, CDA-owned affordable rentals, homeownership programs, community redevelopment and economic development activities. This is a full-time exempt position working Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30, under the general direction of the Executive Director.
As the Finance Director of the Scott County CDA, you will:
- Utilize or attain comprehensive knowledge of general laws and administrative policies governing public sector financial practices and procedures.
- Utilize or attain thorough knowledge of publically assisted housing programs.
- Develop budgets for varied and complex programs with an annual budget of $14+ Million.
- Be responsible for overseeing all accounting functions (this is a hands-on position) including AP/AR, general ledger entry and reconciliation, bank reconciliation, cash flow management, and monthly financial statements.
- Prepare and submit required program reports to oversight agencies (HUD, State, Rural Development).
- Establish and oversee fiscal and administrative systems and internal controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws and adherence to best practices.
- Prepare and present informative financial reports and information to Board of Commissioners.
- Oversee financial reporting done by property management company for senior buildings.
- Review monthly trustee bank statements and other documents to ensure compliance with bond indentures.
- Prepare for and participate in yearly financial audit by independent auditing firm.
- Direct and supervise work of accounting technician; act as back up for payroll and accounts payable.
- Manage or coordinate employee benefit offerings including health care package and retirement plan.
- Participate as a member of the management team; work with team to carry out mission.
- Have strong computer skills, including Excel, electronic document management, fixed-asset software, and other internet-based reporting systems.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in accounting, business, finance, or related field and at least 3-5 years of experience in accounting management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred experience includes 5 or more years of experience in accounting management or 3-5 years public sector/government, non-profit, or publically assisted housing programs accounting management experience. CPA or Master’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field.
The salary range for this position is $79,000 to $119,917. Starting pay dependent on qualifications. The CDA has 11 paid holidays annually, 24 days of PTO the first year, professional development opportunities, reasonably priced medical and dental packages, flexible benefit plan, CDA-paid basic life insurance and long term disability. Generous 7.5% employer contribution to retirement plan. May qualify as eligible employment for the Public Service School Loan Forgiveness Program. The CDA Office is conveniently located near retail and business.
The CDA complies with state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including transgender), national origin, disability (including genetic information), marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, age, status with regard to public assistance, or membership or activity in local commissions. If you require an accommodation under the American’s with Disabilities Act to apply for this position, contact the CDA. If you become a finalist for this position, you and your standing will become public information. Background/credit check will be required upon contingent offer of employment.
To apply, for job description, and more information about benefits go to www.scottcda.org. If you need a job application mailed to you, please call (952) 402-9022. Application including supplemental, Resume, Cover Letter, and three professional references are required. Application information must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer