The Master Electrician is responsible for the safe and efficient repair, preventive maintenance of the electrical and controls equipment associated with plant processes. Perform maintenance tasks on all plant equipment. The Master Electrician troubleshoots and repairs electrical systems for component level up through complex automated processing networks. They also assist to direct the work of the plant Journeyman and Maintenance Electricians. Meet call-in requirements as needed.
Essential job functions:
Exhibit safe work practices as a condition of employment, discussing problems or unsafe conditions with management.
Prioritizes jobs and directs the work of Journeyman and Maintenance Electricians. Reacts to process upsets and adjusts/redirects resources to meet the needs of the operation.
- Calibration, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, construction, modification, testing, installation and operations checkout of electronic and electromechanical devices and/or systems.
- Devices include process and utility instrumentation and controls, including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and computer based controls, laboratory analytical equipment, test equipment, scales, recorders, programmer logic controllers, and computers.
- Maintains and follows calibration and maintenance procedures.
- Coordinate work functions with fellow maintenance employees and other departments.
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Interfaces with operations to coordinate work, troubleshoot process problems, and minimize downtime. Interfaces with construction, project and startup personnel to provide control systems support.
- Interfaces with engineers and external vendors regarding repair, specification of replacement parts, and calibration of instrumentation, controls, and standards.
- Performs mechanical maintenance work as needed.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Work in an honest and ethical manner, maintain confidentiality on all business related matters.
- Physically report to work on time at their assigned locations and is seldom absent.
- Maintain a team environment with other departments at all times.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Respond to unscheduled off-shift call-in requests from the facility for electrical and mechanical problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to frequently bend, squat, climb, kneel, stand, walk, handle objects, reach above shoulder level, and push/pull objects. Ability to occasionally sit, crawl, and repetitive use of hand tools. Ability to frequently carry/lift light to moderate loads of 25-50 lbs. and occasionally carry/lift over 50 lbs. Standing for extended periods of time. Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders.
Exposed to excessive noise Works around moving machinery Exposed to marked changes in temperature Exposed to dust Drives motorized equipment Works on or around high structures Occasionally is exposed to fumes and work in confined quarters Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and CMMS System and ability and willingness to learn new software applications. Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
- Must possess MN Master Electrician License
- 2 year associates degree in electronics technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of electrical troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical safety.
- Familiarity with Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers and HMI interface
- Familiarity with 4-20 milliamp instruments and controls
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in the execution of duties
- Willingness to be on call and respond to off-shift electrical and maintenance needs.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and CMMS System and ability and willingness to learn new software applications. Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.