Residential Counselor - part time (0.2 - 0.6)
Paragon, a subsidiary of PrairieCare, LLC, is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services and provides intensive residential treatment for youth requiring psychiatric monitoring and daily living skills support. The program is managed by board certified child & adolescent psychiatrists and treatment is provided by a team of professionals who have specialized training and experience in providing mental health services to youth. The entire staff is trained in a DBT-informed care model and works collaboratively to provide a positive support system.
Paragon is looking for Residential Counselors to support its growing census
As a Residential Counselor, you will:
- Be responsible for providing direct care and supervision to residential clients
- Partner with the entire residential team to provide a therapeutic environment for clients
- Provide basic counseling, co-facilitate groups and assist clients in daily skills practice
- Provide crisis intervention when needed (including de-escalation and safety holds)
- Participate in treatment planning for clients through observation, therapeutic intervention and providing feedback/evaluation in regards to client progress
- Ensure safety of residents and staff members through consistent monitoring for potential safety hazards including metal detection and belongings searches
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of the facility by notifying the correct individual when supplies are low
- Stock supplies and sanitize program utensils, toys and other containers/materials when needed
**This could be PRN (0.2 = 4 shifts per month) to a 0.6 = 24 hour per week position. Ideal for college students. Candidates are flexible to work days/evenings/nights****
- At least 2,000 hours (one year) of relevant work experience with children and adolescents with mental illness
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience in day treatment or residential programing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences of related field preferred
- Strong desire to work with children and adolescents with mental illness
- Oriented and educated in gender, culture and age appropriate care
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Paragon is proud to offer its employees the following benefits; not limited to but including:
- Shift differential pay
- Paid orientation & on-the-job training
- Full-time benefit premiums starting at 30 hours/week
- Tuition assistance after 1 year
- Direct care hours count towards mental health practitioner requirements
- Clinical supervision for staff members with first level of licensure (dependent on availability of supervisor)
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.