Sr Specialist Collections - 12:30pm-9:00pm Shift
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target's distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
FRS includes several contact centers focused on the quick and seamless resolution of a variety of issues. From REDcard® Guest Services to the Client Support Center (CSC), we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. We directly support Target's bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best, from headquarters to stores to distribution centers.
As a Sr. Specialist collections, you'll interact with delinquent guests and negotiate payments arrangements for both inbound and outbound collections. You'll provide a Target brand interaction with credit accountholders by treating them with respect and appreciation, displaying courtesy and friendliness, recognizing various accountholder segments and providing appropriate workable solutions. In order to successfully do this you be responsible for clearly understanding and abiding by all credit policies and procedures, account payment terms, billing/collections systems and various state and federal laws, rules and regulations governing credit and collections. You'll demonstrate problem solving skills by probing or making suggestions for the handling of exceptional account situations (e.g bankruptcy, CCC, deceased, legal, fraud, billing disputes, etc.). You'll work in a multi-media environment (emails, phone calls, chat messages, and letters) that's challenging and fast paced, requiring you to prioritize work accordingly. Please note that your job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-2 years of previous guest experience or customer service experience
• Proven superior verbal and written communication skills, including listening, negotiating and decision making skills
• Ability to interact with guests and team members in a professional manner, show empathy, and de-escalate as needed
• Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve guest issues
• Strong technical skills, ability to work within multiple systems, and high proficiency with PC/Microsoft applications
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Typing 25 wpm