Maintenance Technician II
Maintenance Tech 2 and Construction Turn Team Member
Bohm is a commercial real estate company with a small tight knit culture with a focus on teamwork and success, personal as well as professional. At Bohm our professionals know and enjoy their areas of expertise. The position is located at a 250,000 SF creative light industrial building in NE Minneapolis.
We are looking for a talented individual to fulfill a key position in the company. General skills include: strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, organizational skills and work ethic; absolute reliability, a customer service orientation, an attention to detail, good working with a team as well as individually and under deadlines.
Qualified Candidates will have at least 2 years HVAC experience or equivalent, a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and own hand tools. This position also includes after hours emergency maintenance. Position will also assist Boiler Engineer in boiler maintenance.
The Building Tech will work with inside building techs and outside contractors on turns, building renovation and tenant improvement projects and building system preventative maintenance.
$21.00/hour + benefits
Job Title: Maintenance Tech 2
Reports to: The President and Maintenance Tech 3/Turn Lead _________________________________________________
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills
- HVAC preventative maintenance background
- Interested in low pressure steam boilers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Interested in finding and creating efficiencies
- Organized, personable, dedicated and quick to learn new things
- Good customer service skills
- Some sporadic heavy lifting required (50-100 lbs.)
General Summary of Responsibilities
Building/Facilities Technician at a 250,000 SF creative light industrial building in NE Minneapolis. Building Tech 2 will work independently and with building techs, outside contractors and outside services to provide tenant improvement and turn and maintenance services for the building.
- Clean out fins, trouble shoot and perform preventative maintenance on rooftop units and gas and steam heating units throughout the building. – primary
- Repair or replace electrical outlets, switches - primary
- Check and maintain boiler daily (winter months) - assist
- Perform annual and routine maintenance - assist
- Repair & replace plumbing lines when necessary or assist - assist
- Weld pipes - assist
- Repair leaky or faulty faucets/piping where necessary - assist
- PVC, black pipe, copper - assist
- Check and repair any mechanical, electrical, lighting, wall, window, floor, ceiling, HVAC, etc problem to provide a space for the incoming tenant as per “turn sheet” and “turn standards” for the space. - assist
- Clean out trash, furniture and equipment in vacated spaces - assist
- Maintain and repair roofs or assist
- Maintain/repair down spouts and gutter around building or assist
- Maintain and replace door locks and keys
- Involved with the cleanliness and organization of maintenance shop
- Be' On-Call ' after hours and weekends
- Repair broken windows
SHOP INVENTORY AND ORGANIZATION:
- Organize shop – tools and materials
- Scrap out and clean after construction projects
- Demolition work
- Heavy lifting required 50-100 lbs
- Pick up parts
- Please note: This is not an exhaustive list of duties, but generally outlines the positions areas of responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour