Lead Leadership Development Consultant | Executive Development
Description: About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target's distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you'll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement. As a Lead Consultant on the Leadership Development team, you will help develop senior leaders at Target by designing and delivering strategic leadership development initiatives. The quality and availability of senior leadership talent is one of the most critical inputs to the continued success and growth of Target. Leadership Development provides centralized leadership development programs and resources to meet the leadership development needs of the organization. This is an individual contributor, senior practitioner role that requires close partnership with senior leaders and other leadership development professionals.
- Train and facilitate Leadership Development solutions for leaders across the enterprise, focusing on senior leader (2-3 levels below CEO) development.
- Utilize proven methodologies for performing needs assessments, designing curriculum, and developing offerings appropriate for senior leaders in partnership with L&D (Leadership & Development) Design & Operations.
- Leverage expertise and experience in executive development and marry adult learning theory/research with the practical business needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with other leadership development practitioners, providing subject matter expertise in areas of content specialties including leading organizational change.
- Maximize cross functional relationships and leverage the strengths of different areas to serve client needs. (HR, L&D, Talent Management, Business Intelligence, Business Leaders, etc.) You'll act as Project Manager to bring these different groups together to create effective products.
- Contribute to developing a learning culture by leveraging multiple disciplines such as surveys, assessments, employment brand, leadership and functional skills training. Partner with these teams in order to provide a total leadership development solution for clients.
- Measure and assess the impact of leadership development initiatives.
- Four year degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field
- 8+ years of work experience in an HR area (management and leadership development, organization development, group facilitation, training and training design, etc.)
- Experience managing and working with vendors in executive development and leadership development
- Established network of leadership development experts across a variety of industries, organizations, and countries
- Certifications and experience with assessment for development
- Experience in leadership curriculum development
- Experience in a business environment with the practical application of key leadership development, organization development and adult learning theories and models
- Project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate and present in both large and small group settings
- Strong consulting and client service skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, influencing without formal authority.
- Experience leading a team preferred
- Masters or Ph.D. in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or Human Resources Development preferred